Did you know that you could be compensated for taking care of a loved one at home?
Are you a Connecticut resident assisting a family member or a friend with bathing, dressing or personal hygiene?
Adult Family Living (AFL) is a program that allows persons above the age of 16 who need assistance with personal care tasks to remain in their home and community with a qualified and approved caregiver. This program works by providing financial assistance and support for family members or friends who act as the caregiver. In the AFL program the caregiver must reside in the same property as the recipient of care.
Adult Family Living Program
Benefits of the AFL program should be thought of on two levels: Benefits to the individual in need of care “Client” and the individual providing care “caregiver.”
- Care recipients receive supervision, and assistance with day-to-day activities such as:
- Personal Hygiene
- Dressing and Grooming
- Ambulation and Transfers
- Meal Preparation
- Laundry & Housekeeping
- Cueing or reminders to take medications.
- Assisting with cognitive or behavioral needs
- They also benefit by receiving care from a family member or friend in the comfort of their home.
- Receive a biweekly compensation for caring for a family member or friend.
- In the case of family members, caregivers are paid for work that they would have likely provided for free.
- The AFL Program offers two levels of compensation, depending on the care needs of the individual.
Frequently Asked Questions
We serve families providing care for their loved ones at home.
We serve clients and caregivers throughout the entire state of Connecticut.
Enroll eligible client’s into the Husky/medciad funded program to receive care from a family member or loved one.
Facilitate a tax-free compensation determined by the client’s Level of care.
- A Connecticut resident age 16 and above.
- Must need assistance with at least one or more activities daily living i.e: bathing, dressing, personal hygiene etc.
- Must live in the same house with the caregiver
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Can be a family relative or friend, but not a spouse.
- Must live in the same house with the client.